How to Apply
Certified Student Affairs Educator application and exam windows occur multiple times over the course of the year. The Consortium encourages all interested applicants to first closely review certification eligibility requirements. Live virtual information sessions are also offered on a recurring basis during each application and exam window. Important dates for the current window are detailed below. Please visit the Candidate Handbook for full details on eligibility requirements and information on future windows.
Summer 2023 Application & Exam Window
- Applications Open: Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Exam Window Opens: Saturday, July 1, 2023
- Application deadline: Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 11:59 (PT)
- Exam Window Closes: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Free Virtual Information Sessions
Using the links below, register to attend a virtual info session to learn more about certification and how it can benefit you! These sessions will be recorded and materials will be sent to all registrants afterward.
- Virtual Info Session 1: Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 2:00 pm (ET)/1:00 pm (CT)/12:00 pm (MT)/11:00 am (PT)/9 am (Hawai'i)
- Virtual Info Session 2: Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 3:00 pm (ET)/2:00 pm (CT)/1:00 pm (MT)/12:00 pm (PT)/10 am (Hawai'i)
- Virtual Info Session 3: Tuesday, August 8 at 1:00 pm (ET)/12:00 pm (CT)/11:00 am (MT)/10:00 am (PT)/8 am (Hawai'i)
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are required to complete and submit the online application within the Consortium’s certification management system, Prolydian. If approved, they will be able to schedule an exam for the certification(s) for which they applied.
Applicant Checklist: The Consortium has created the following Applicant Checklist document to assist individuals with preparing to complete their online application in Prolydian. Applicants are welcome to use this checklist as a resource in gathering eligibility materials for their online application.
Applicants will need to first create a profile in the Prolydian system. All elements of the application and certification maintenance will be maintained in the Prolydian system. Applicants with a documented disability who request assistance in completing the application should contact the Consortium at email@example.com.
Application Documentation Required
Applicants will need to be prepared to submit the following supporting documentation at the time of their application. The Consortium recognizes that obtaining such documentation may be difficult or detrimental for individuals to acquire. Should you have a question or concern about the application documentation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have a confidential conversation with a member of our staff.
- To verify qualifying education, applicants must submit official or unofficial transcripts from the degree-granting institutions. These must be submitted within the online application in PDF, JPEG, or PNG format.
- To verify qualifying employment experience, applicants must provide contact information for an individual who can provide confirmation of employment for each submitted employer. The Prolydian system will then send the listed individuals an email form to complete to verify the applicant’s employment. These must be completed for each employer before the application can be reviewed by the Consortium. It is highly recommended that a candidate notify each listed individual to watch for and complete the employment verification email.
- To verify their identity, candidates must complete the application in full using their name exactly as it appears on a current approved government-issued or college/university-issued staff photo ID. Approved photo identification includes:
- Government-issued driver’s license
- College/university-issued staff photo ID
- Non-US Military issued identification card
- Any Physical Government-Issued Identification Card (must include photo)
Review of Application and Notice of Status
Individuals will be notified of their application status within 30 business days of submitting a complete application.
If approved, you will receive a verification email with instructions on how to register for your exam. If not approved, you will receive notification of next steps. If you have not received a confirmation email within 30 business days following online application submission, you should contact email@example.com to confirm the status of the application.